NOTICE OF ELECTION
Rhea County Republican and Democratic Party Primary Elections
May 1, 2018
To the voters of Rhea County, TN, notice is hereby given pursuant to TCA 2-12-111 (a), that Rhea County Republican and Democratic Party Primary Elections will be held on Tuesday, May 1, 2018, in all voting precincts in Rhea County, TN.
RHEA REPUBLICAN PARTY AND DEMOCRATIC PARTY PRIMARY ELECTIONS
Rhea County Republican and Democratic Party voters will choose their candidates for Trustee, Sheriff, Circuit Court Clerk, County Clerk and Register of Deeds in their respective primary elections.
- Individuals interested in running for these offices may pick up qualifying petitions at the Election Commission office during normal business hours.
- Qualifying deadline for these offices will be at 12 NOON, THURSDAY, February 15, 2018.
- The withdrawal deadline will be 12 NOON THURSDAY, February 22, 2018.
- Individuals planning to run as independent candidates for these offices must submit their qualifying petitions not later than 12 NOON, THURSDAY, February 15, 2018. However, their names will only appear on the August 2, 2018, County General Election ballot.
- The last day to register to vote in person or by mail postmark for the May 1, 2018, election will be Monday, April 2, 2018.
NOTICE OF ELECTION OFFICE LOCATION
The Rhea County Election Commission is located at 125 Court St., Suite 1, Dayton, TN 37321, phone 423-775-7816, fax 423-775-7880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The office is open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The office will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, Monday, January 15, 2018
Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 19, 2018
Good Friday, Friday, March 30, 2018
NOTICE TO ELDERLY VOTERS OR VOTERS WITH DISABILITIES
Any elderly voter (age 60 or older) or voter with a disability whose polling place is inaccessible may vote early, by absentee ballot, or at the election commission office on Election Day (TCA 2-3-109 (e) (1)).
If voters choose to vote at the election commission office on Election Day, they must submit an affidavit to the election commission office no later than Saturday, April 20, 2018, stating that their designated polling place is not accessible. For more information, contact the Rhea County Election Commission.
PHOTO ID REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VOTERS
Tennessee state law requires all voters voting in person to present a federal or a State of Tennessee-issued photo identification containing the voter’s name and photograph. For more information contact our office at 423-775-7816 (web site: www.rheavote.com) or visit the Tennessee Divisions of Elections website at http://tn.gov/sos/election/index.htm .
Rhea County Election Commission
Linda Pendergrass – Chairman Skip Griffin – Member
Kathleen Garrison – Secretary Hurley Marsh – Member
Frank Snyder – Member
Tom Davis – Administrator of Elections
Felicia Goodman – Deputy Administrator