For the April 17, 2019
City of Dayton Municipal Elections
To the voters of the City of Dayton, TN: notice is hereby given pursuant to TCA 2-12-111 (a), that a Dayton Municipal Election will be held on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, for City Council (two seats), for four-year terms.
- Individuals interested in running for these offices may pick up qualifying petitions at the Election Commission office during normal business hours. The first day to pick up a qualifying petition was November 18, 2018.
- Qualifying deadline for these offices will be at 12 NOON, THURSDAY, January 17, 2019.
- The withdrawal deadline will be 12 NOON THURSDAY, January 24, 2019.
- The last day to register to vote in person or by mail postmark for the April 17, 2019, election will be Monday, March 18, 2019.
- Pursuant to TCA 2-2-107, individuals who are not residents of the City of Dayton but who own real property within the city limits may register to vote in municipal elections. The deadline for new registrations for the April 17, 2019, election is Monday, March 18, 2019, and the property owner must present proof of ownership. Contact the election commission for more information.
NOTICE OF ELECTION OFFICE LOCATION
The Rhea County Election Commission is located at 125 Court St., Suite 1, Dayton, TN 37321, phone 423-775-7816, fax 423-775-7880 or email email@example.com.
The office is open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The office will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
Christmas, Monday and Tuesday, December 24 – 25, 2018
New Year’s Day, Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, Monday, January 21, 2019
Presidents Day, Monday, February 18, 2019
NOTICE TO ELDERLY VOTERS OR VOTERS WITH DISABILITIES
Any elderly voter (age 60 or older) or voter with a disability whose polling place is inaccessible may vote early, by absentee ballot, or at the election commission office on Election Day (TCA 2-3-109 (e) (1)).
If voters choose to vote at the election commission office on Election Day, they must submit an affidavit to the election commission office no later than Friday, April 5, 2019, stating that their designated polling place is not accessible. For more information, contact the Rhea County Election Commission.
PHOTO ID REQUIREMENT FOR ALL VOTERS
Tennessee state law requires all voters voting in person to present a federal or a State of Tennessee-issued photo identification containing the voter’s name and photograph. For more information contact our office at 423-775-7816 or visit the Tennessee Divisions of Elections website at http://tn.gov/sos/election/index.htm .
Rhea County Election Commission
Linda Pendergrass – Chairman 125 Court St., Suite 1
Kathleen Garrison – Secretary Dayton, TN 37321
Skip Griffin – Member Phone 423.775.7816
Hurley Marsh – Member Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Snyder – Member Website www.rheavote.com
Tom Davis – Administrator of Elections
Felicia Goodman – Deputy Administrator