For the March 3, 2020
Presidential Preference Primary and Rhea County Republican and Democratic Party Primary Elections
To the voters of Rhea County, TN, notice is hereby given pursuant to TCA 2-12-111 (a), that Republican and Democratic Party Presidential Preference Primary Elections and Rhea County Republican and Democratic Party Primary Elections will be held on Tuesday, March 3, 2020, in all voting precincts in Rhea County, TN
PRESIDENTIAL PREFERENCE PRIMARY ELECTIONS
Republican and Democratic Party Presidential candidates and candidates to serve as delegates to political party conventions will be on the ballot. Qualifying deadline for delegate candidates is 12 NOON, THURSDAY, December 12, 2019, with the nominating petitions to be filed in the office of the Tennessee Secretary of State, 312 Rosa L. Parks Ave., 7th Floor, Snodgrass Tower, Nashville, TN 37243-1102.
RHEA REPUBLICAN PARTY AND DEMOCRATIC PARTY PRIMARY ELECTIONS
Rhea County Republican and Democratic Party voters will choose their candidates for Assessor of Property and Road Supervisor in their respective primary elections.
• Individuals interested in running for these offices may pick up qualifying petitions at the Election Commission office during normal business hours beginning October 15, 2019.
• Candidates for the office of Road Supervisor must file an affidavit of qualification with the Tennessee Highway Officials Certification Board no later than Wednesday, November 27, 2019, and be certified by that board before their names may be listed on the primary or general election ballot.
• Qualifying deadline for these offices will be at 12 NOON, THURSDAY, December 12, 2019.
• The withdrawal deadline will be 12 NOON THURSDAY, December 19, 2019.
• Individuals planning to run as independent candidates for these offices must submit their qualifying petitions not later than 12 NOON, THURSDAY, December 12, 2019. However, their names will only appear on the August 6, 2020, County General Election ballot.
• The last day to register to vote in person or by mail postmark for the March 3, 2020, election will be Monday, February 3, 2020.
NOTICE OF ELECTION OFFICE LOCATION
The Rhea County Election Commission is located at 125 Court St., Suite 1, Dayton, TN 37321, phone 423-775-7816, fax 423-775-7880 or email email@example.com.
The office is open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The office will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
Columbus Day, Monday, October 14, 2019
Veterans Day, Monday, November 28, 2019
Thanksgiving, Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29, 2019
Christmas, Tuesday and Wednesday, December 24 and 25, 2019
New Year’s Day, Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, Monday, January 20, 2020
Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17, 2020
NOTICE TO ELDERLY VOTERS OR VOTERS WITH DISABILITIES
Any elderly voter (age 60 or older) or voter with a disability whose polling place is inaccessible may vote early, by absentee ballot, or at the election commission office on Election Day (TCA 2-3-109 (e) (1).
If voters choose to vote at the election commission office on Election Day, they must submit an affidavit to the election commission office no later than Saturday, February 22, 2020, stating that their designated polling place is not accessible. For more information, contact the Rhea County Election Commission.
PHOTO ID REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VOTERS
Tennessee state law requires all voters voting in person to present a federal or a State of Tennessee-issued photo identification containing the voter’s name and photograph. For more information contact our office at 423-775-7816 (web site: www.rheavote.com) or visit the Tennessee Divisions of Elections website at http://tn.gov/sos/election/index.htm .
Rhea County Election Commission
Linda Pendergrass – Chairman Skip Griffin – Member
Kathleen Garrison – Secretary Hurley Marsh – Member
Frank Snyder – Member
Tom Davis – Administrator of Elections
Felicia Goodman – Deputy Administrator