ATTENTION RHEA COUNTY ELECTION COMMISSION
A digital signature is not accepted. Please print out the completed request, sign it and send to Rhea County Election Commission:
Mail to or in-person: 125 Court Street, Suite #1, P.O. Box 181, Dayton, TN 37321
Fax to: 423-775-7880
Email a scanned copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can vote absentee by-mail if you fall under one of the following categories:
- You are sixty (60) years of age or older.
- You will be outside the county where you are registered during the early voting period and all day on Election Day.
- You are hospitalized, ill or physically disabled and unable to appear at your polling place to vote. Voters who have an illness, physical disability or other underlying health condition that makes them especially vulnerable to COVID-19, and who, because of that condition, are unable to appear in the polling place on Election Day and instead wish to vote by-mail should check this box. For a list of underlying health conditions that make a person especially vulnerable see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-increased-risk.html. A physician’s statement is not required to check this box.
- You are the caretaker of a person who is hospitalized, ill, or disabled. Voters who are the caretaker of someone with an illness, physical disability or other underlying health condition that makes a person you care for especially vulnerable to COVID-19, and who wish to vote by-mail should check this box. For a list of underlying health conditions that make a person especially vulnerable see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-increased-risk.html A physician’s statement is not required to check this box.
- You or your spouse are a full-time student in an accredited college or university outside the county where you are registered.
- You reside in a nursing home, assisted living facility or home for the aged outside your county of residence.
- You are a candidate for office in the election.
- You are observing a religious holiday that prevents you from voting in person during the early voting period and on Election Day.
- You serve as an Election Day official or as a member or employee of the election commission.
- You will be unable to vote in-person due to jury duty.
- You have a physical disability and an inaccessible polling place.
- You or your spouse possess a valid commercial drivers license (CDL) or Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card and you will be working outside the state or county of registration during the open hours of early voting and Election Day and have no specific out-of-county or out-of-state address to which mail may be sent or received during such time.
- You are a member of the military or are an overseas citizen.
- You are on the permanent absentee list (see question 4 below).
Click here to be directed to a Request for Absentee Ballot on the Tennessee Secretary of State’s web page. Complete the form, print, sign, and mail, fax or scan and email to the Rhea County Election Commission. See the contact information above.